At the height of the Covid-19 pandemic, Social Finance collaborated with the California Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission (MHSOAC) to develop the Rapid Response Network (RNN), a statewide system to help county officials access expert guidance to address the mental health fallout associated with Covid-19.
- Help county governments in California access quick and customized pandemic-related mental health care resources from external experts.
- Facilitate connections among county governments in California to build a body of shared resources.
- Request response: Fielded and managed inquiries, including 48-hour urgent requests, from county officials on various topics related to Covid-19, such as health care delivery adaptation and coordination, staffing, and service evaluation. Worked with academic institutions, philanthropies, public agencies, think tanks, and the research firm GLG to gather and synthesize expert guidance.
- Responded to almost 28 requests over six months, with nearly every requester giving the RRN top ratings and almost one-third of requesters submitting multiple inquiries.
- California Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission launched the RRN.
- Social Finance fielded and managed requester inquiries.