Over the past decade, Social Finance has pioneered a set of outcomes-based financing strategies that directly and transparently link resources to impact. Our impact investing team designs and implements tools that leverage catalytic capital to deliver measurable, sustainable impact, including Social Impact Bonds and Career Impact Bonds. Our work sits within the broader impact investing field, a growing global movement that represents more than $715 billion in assets under management. While all impact investments aim to generate both positive social and financial returns, the impact-first tools we employ are unique in that financial returns are dependent on impact, and impact is based on measurable outcomes rather than outputs.
Our team partners with governments, service providers, foundations, impact investors, and financial institutions to apply innovative financing strategies across a range of issues, including education, economic mobility, health, and housing.
In our impact investing work, Social Finance acts as a project leader, working with project partners to:
- Drive project design, from identifying priority populations and outcomes to defining implementation and evaluation plans
- Identify financial structure, from modeling project economics to assessing risk
- Develop, negotiate, and execute outcomes-based contracts
- Raise necessary capital for the project from a range of impact investors, including financial institutions, foundations, donor-advised funds, and individuals
- Establish and implement strong governance and accountability systems, supporting project partners to integrate real-time data and decision-making to achieve success.
Social Finance stays involved in our impact investments for the entire life of the project. We believe this end-to-end engagement best positions projects to achieve social and financial returns.
If you are interested in learning more about our investment work, contact Vice President Jackie Khor.